Tunda produced from Hyderabad, court sends him to Tihar
New Delhi: LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda, arrested in a 1997 bomb blast case, was on Thursday sent back to judicial custody for 14 days by a Delhi court after he was produced by Hyderabad Police.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma sent Tunda to Tihar jail till November seven.
The special investigation team of Hyderabad Police had moved the court on October one seeking Tunda`s custody after he was remanded in judicial custody till October 15 in connection with a 1997 bomb blast case lodged against him here.
Tunda was handed over to Hyderabad Police following its plea seeking his custody in connection with a production warrant issued against him by a court in Nampally in Hyderabad in a 1998 case lodged against him and others.
The court sent him back to jail after the Hyderabad cops said they do not require him for further custodial interrogation.
The Hyderabad Police, in its plea, had said that a case was lodged on July 2, 1998 on a complaint that "ISI activities are going on in order to wage war against the government and to create unrest in India and to cause damage to internal security of India and to Hindus and their properties on a large scale."
It had said the case was lodged under various sections of the IPC, the Arms Act, the Explosives Substances Act, the Passport Act and Foreigners Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered