Tunda produced from Hyderabad, court sends him to Tihar
New Delhi: LeT bomb expert Abdul Karim Tunda, arrested in a 1997 bomb blast case, was on Thursday sent back to judicial custody for 14 days by a Delhi court after he was produced by Hyderabad Police.
Additional Sessions Judge Dharmesh Sharma sent Tunda to Tihar jail till November seven.
The special investigation team of Hyderabad Police had moved the court on October one seeking Tunda`s custody after he was remanded in judicial custody till October 15 in connection with a 1997 bomb blast case lodged against him here.
Tunda was handed over to Hyderabad Police following its plea seeking his custody in connection with a production warrant issued against him by a court in Nampally in Hyderabad in a 1998 case lodged against him and others.
The court sent him back to jail after the Hyderabad cops said they do not require him for further custodial interrogation.
The Hyderabad Police, in its plea, had said that a case was lodged on July 2, 1998 on a complaint that "ISI activities are going on in order to wage war against the government and to create unrest in India and to cause damage to internal security of India and to Hindus and their properties on a large scale."
It had said the case was lodged under various sections of the IPC, the Arms Act, the Explosives Substances Act, the Passport Act and Foreigners Act.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen