Two arrested for cheating unemployed people
New Delhi: Two people, including a woman, were arrested here on charges of duping unemployed youths on the pretext of providing them jobs in the government and public sectors, police said Tuesday.
Kumari Dharmindra Dwivedi and Sanjay Mishra - both residents of Uttar Pradesh - were arrested Sep 22 morning from west Delhi`s Shahbad Dairy, where they had gone to induce students of Delhi Technological University (DTU) on the pretext of providing them jobs.
"They used to procure Rs.30,000 to Rs.35,000 from each candidate in advance as a fee to provide them jobs in government and public sectors," said B.S. Jaiswal, Deputy Commissioner of Police.
During interrogation the accused revealed that they had been involved in such activities for a long time. They are also wanted by Uttar Pradesh`s Lucknow police in a similar case, said the officer.
"They also run an NGO from Lucknow," said the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?