Two arrested for gangrape of minor in Delhi, sent to police custody
New Delhi: Two of the three youths, arrested for allegedly raping a teenage girl in their car on October 22 night after she went with them for a drive, was on Friday remanded to one day`s of police custody by a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Gulshan Kumar sent Narender and Rohit to police custody till tomorrow after the investigators sought their remand.
Seeking the youths` remand, both in their 20s, police told the court that they have to arrest one more person, who was allegedly part of the crime and is absconding till today, at their instance.
It said custodial interrogation is required as they have to recover the clothes the accused were wearing during the commission of the crime.
"The accused are sent in JC (judicial custody). They be produced tomorrow...," the court said.
On October 22 night at around 8 pm, the 17-year-old class IX girl, was called by Rohit on her phone and offered her to accompany him and his friends Narender and Tinku on a drive.
"As she knew them, she sat in the car which was driven by Tinku," the police told the court.
However, the counsel for the third accused -- Tinku today informed the court that he will surrender before it.
"According to the victim`s statement, they then offered her some drink which was laced with sedatives. As she felt unconscious, they parked the car at a parking lot in Pilanji village in south Delhi and then took turns to rape her.
"They then left her near her home before threatening her not to reveal the incident to anybody and drove away," the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks