Two arrested in Delhi wall collapse incident
New Delhi: Two people - a building contractor and the plot owner - were arrested for east Delhi`s wall collapse incident in which five children were killed a day earlier, police said Thursday.
"The plot owner, Bijender Singh, and contractor Bhanwar Singh were arrested today (Thursday) from New Ashok Nagar area," said a senior police officer.
At least five children, all below the age of 10, died after the under-construction boundary wall collapsed on them Wednesday morning.
"The incident took place around 9.30 a.m. (Wednesday) at Dallupura village in New Ashok Nagar area of east Delhi while the children were playing near the wall being built on a plot of land," said an official.
Police have registered cases under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and Section 288 (negligent conduct with respect to pulling down or repairing buildings) against the plot owner and the contractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Kylie Jenner is broke?
- IndiGo flight hits turbulence due to slogans hailing ISIS – Find shocking details here
- Facebook video row: 'Made no mistake,' says Bhagwant Mann in 5-page letter to parliamentary panel
- 'Lights Out' sequel in works
- Damn funny! This is how every rich girl in the world is like—Watch video