Two arrested in Delhi wall collapse incident
New Delhi: Two people - a building contractor and the plot owner - were arrested for east Delhi`s wall collapse incident in which five children were killed a day earlier, police said Thursday.
"The plot owner, Bijender Singh, and contractor Bhanwar Singh were arrested today (Thursday) from New Ashok Nagar area," said a senior police officer.
At least five children, all below the age of 10, died after the under-construction boundary wall collapsed on them Wednesday morning.
"The incident took place around 9.30 a.m. (Wednesday) at Dallupura village in New Ashok Nagar area of east Delhi while the children were playing near the wall being built on a plot of land," said an official.
Police have registered cases under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and Section 288 (negligent conduct with respect to pulling down or repairing buildings) against the plot owner and the contractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH