Two arrested in Delhi wall collapse incident
New Delhi: Two people - a building contractor and the plot owner - were arrested for east Delhi`s wall collapse incident in which five children were killed a day earlier, police said Thursday.
"The plot owner, Bijender Singh, and contractor Bhanwar Singh were arrested today (Thursday) from New Ashok Nagar area," said a senior police officer.
At least five children, all below the age of 10, died after the under-construction boundary wall collapsed on them Wednesday morning.
"The incident took place around 9.30 a.m. (Wednesday) at Dallupura village in New Ashok Nagar area of east Delhi while the children were playing near the wall being built on a plot of land," said an official.
Police have registered cases under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and Section 288 (negligent conduct with respect to pulling down or repairing buildings) against the plot owner and the contractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing