Two arrested in Delhi wall collapse incident
New Delhi: Two people - a building contractor and the plot owner - were arrested for east Delhi`s wall collapse incident in which five children were killed a day earlier, police said Thursday.
"The plot owner, Bijender Singh, and contractor Bhanwar Singh were arrested today (Thursday) from New Ashok Nagar area," said a senior police officer.
At least five children, all below the age of 10, died after the under-construction boundary wall collapsed on them Wednesday morning.
"The incident took place around 9.30 a.m. (Wednesday) at Dallupura village in New Ashok Nagar area of east Delhi while the children were playing near the wall being built on a plot of land," said an official.
Police have registered cases under Section 304 (culpable homicide not amounting to murder) and Section 288 (negligent conduct with respect to pulling down or repairing buildings) against the plot owner and the contractor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda