Two arrested in Mahi borewell death case
Gurgaon: Three days after five-year old Mahi trapped in a 70-foot deep borewell was pulled out lifeless, in a major development, one of the key accused and his aide were arrested by the Gurgaon Police on Wednesday afternoon.
According to reports, the Gurgaon Police arrested Himmat Yadav, the owner of the borewell machine and his close aide.
However, the owner of the plot is still absconding and has switched off his mobile phone since the time of the incident.
Mahi accidentally fell into the abandoned borewell while playing with her friends at 11 pm last Wednesday near her residence at Kho village in Manesar.
Surprisingly, rescue operations to save her started after 90 minutes which was actually too late.
Mahi was taken out of the borewell on Sunday after an 86-hour long rescue operation.
The arrests come as a big respite for little Mahi’s distraught parents, although they cannot get their beloved daughter back.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day