Two arrested in Mahi borewell death case
Gurgaon: Three days after five-year old Mahi trapped in a 70-foot deep borewell was pulled out lifeless, in a major development, one of the key accused and his aide were arrested by the Gurgaon Police on Wednesday afternoon.
According to reports, the Gurgaon Police arrested Himmat Yadav, the owner of the borewell machine and his close aide.
However, the owner of the plot is still absconding and has switched off his mobile phone since the time of the incident.
Mahi accidentally fell into the abandoned borewell while playing with her friends at 11 pm last Wednesday near her residence at Kho village in Manesar.
Surprisingly, rescue operations to save her started after 90 minutes which was actually too late.
Mahi was taken out of the borewell on Sunday after an 86-hour long rescue operation.
The arrests come as a big respite for little Mahi’s distraught parents, although they cannot get their beloved daughter back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar