Two Asha Kiran inmates die during treatment
New Delhi: Two inmates of Asha Kiran, a facility for mentally challenged people, died during treatment over the past ten days.
The deceased have been identified as Akash alias Shiva (26) and Shyam (25).
Akash was a TB patient and was undergoing treatment at Rajan Babu TB Hospital while Shyam was admitted with Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital with cardiac problems.
Akash was hospitalised in the hospital on 25 April and he died on May six.
Shyam was admitted on May eight and died on May 10.
Police said they were awaiting post mortem reports to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Delhi Social Welfare Minister Kiran Walia said the inmates died due to illness.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill