Two Asha Kiran inmates die during treatment
New Delhi: Two inmates of Asha Kiran, a facility for mentally challenged people, died during treatment over the past ten days.
The deceased have been identified as Akash alias Shiva (26) and Shyam (25).
Akash was a TB patient and was undergoing treatment at Rajan Babu TB Hospital while Shyam was admitted with Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital with cardiac problems.
Akash was hospitalised in the hospital on 25 April and he died on May six.
Shyam was admitted on May eight and died on May 10.
Police said they were awaiting post mortem reports to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Delhi Social Welfare Minister Kiran Walia said the inmates died due to illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'