Two Asha Kiran inmates die during treatment
New Delhi: Two inmates of Asha Kiran, a facility for mentally challenged people, died during treatment over the past ten days.
The deceased have been identified as Akash alias Shiva (26) and Shyam (25).
Akash was a TB patient and was undergoing treatment at Rajan Babu TB Hospital while Shyam was admitted with Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital with cardiac problems.
Akash was hospitalised in the hospital on 25 April and he died on May six.
Shyam was admitted on May eight and died on May 10.
Police said they were awaiting post mortem reports to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Delhi Social Welfare Minister Kiran Walia said the inmates died due to illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Perez grabs 3rd spot, gives Force India 4th ever podium finish
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner