Two Asha Kiran inmates die during treatment
New Delhi: Two inmates of Asha Kiran, a facility for mentally challenged people, died during treatment over the past ten days.
The deceased have been identified as Akash alias Shiva (26) and Shyam (25).
Akash was a TB patient and was undergoing treatment at Rajan Babu TB Hospital while Shyam was admitted with Baba Saheb Ambedkar Hospital with cardiac problems.
Akash was hospitalised in the hospital on 25 April and he died on May six.
Shyam was admitted on May eight and died on May 10.
Police said they were awaiting post mortem reports to ascertain the exact cause of death.
Delhi Social Welfare Minister Kiran Walia said the inmates died due to illness.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!