Two children dead in Delhi slum fire
New Delhi: Two children were charred to death when a fire broke out in Bawana slum area today gutting hundreds of hutments, fire brigade officials said.
The blaze was reported in Bawana slum area in the afternoon and soon it engulfed the entire hutments, killing two five-year old boys, they said.
About 20 fire tenders were rushed to the area to douse the flame where the residents attacked the fire brigade personnel accusing them of reaching the spot late.
The angry residents armed with stones and sticks attacked the fire personnel and also damaged some fire tenders, injuring four rescue workers.
The deceased children were identified as Sartaj and Manish, police said, adding the injured were admitted to Maharishi Valmiki Hospital.
The cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi