Two constables dismissed for sexually assaulting minor girl
New Delhi: Two city police constables were on Sunday dismissed from duty for allegedly attempting to sexually assault a minor girl in the Mukherjee Nagar area of north-west Delhi, police said.
"Constables Amit Tomar and Gurjinder Singh have been dismissed to send out a strong signal that the harshest measures will be taken against even police personnel if they are found guilty of abusing women, children and those from the weaker sections," said Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West), N Gnana Sambandan.
The two constables have been arrested and all steps are being taken to ensure that the case will be charge sheeted in court within a week, he added.
According to police, the victim was roaming near Vikaspuri police lines yesterday along with two other girls, also minors, when Tomar picked them up and lured them to his colleague`s residence at Kingsway Camp on the pretext of giving them money.
The room belonged to Singh, who was already present inside. Both of them tried to force themselves on to the girl. On hearing the girl`s cries, her other two friends, who were in another room, too, started shouting for help, police said.
"Someone in the vicinity called up PCR and the girls were rescued. On the basis of the victim`s statement, she was medically examined at Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital. An NGO representative from `Sampoorna` was also immediately roped in for the proceedings and a case registered.
"A Special Investigation Team under Addl DCP (South), Pramod Kushwaha, has been constituted and the probe has been taken up," added a senior police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH