Two constables injured as car rams into police van
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured after a speeding car they were chasing rammed into their PCR van in the wee hours of Sunday in north Delhi, police said.
Two head constables -- Udaybhan (47) and Satbeer (58) -- were on patrol duty near Sir Chotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi when they noticed a car over-speeding and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop.
When the car did not stop, the policemen became suspicious and tried chasing the vehicle but in vain.
"The car rammed into the PCR van injuring the two policemen. The occupants of the car managed to escape," a senior police official said.
The injured policemen were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
Police have registered a case and have launched a manhunt to nab the occupants of the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic