Two constables injured as car rams into police van
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured after a speeding car they were chasing rammed into their PCR van in the wee hours of Sunday in north Delhi, police said.
Two head constables -- Udaybhan (47) and Satbeer (58) -- were on patrol duty near Sir Chotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi when they noticed a car over-speeding and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop.
When the car did not stop, the policemen became suspicious and tried chasing the vehicle but in vain.
"The car rammed into the PCR van injuring the two policemen. The occupants of the car managed to escape," a senior police official said.
The injured policemen were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
Police have registered a case and have launched a manhunt to nab the occupants of the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Finance Ministry allots Rs 2,000 cr extra budgetary grant for Chardham
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!