Two constables injured as car rams into police van
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured after a speeding car they were chasing rammed into their PCR van in the wee hours of Sunday in north Delhi, police said.
Two head constables -- Udaybhan (47) and Satbeer (58) -- were on patrol duty near Sir Chotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi when they noticed a car over-speeding and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop.
When the car did not stop, the policemen became suspicious and tried chasing the vehicle but in vain.
"The car rammed into the PCR van injuring the two policemen. The occupants of the car managed to escape," a senior police official said.
The injured policemen were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
Police have registered a case and have launched a manhunt to nab the occupants of the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP