Two constables injured as car rams into police van
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured after a speeding car they were chasing rammed into their PCR van in the wee hours of Sunday in north Delhi, police said.
Two head constables -- Udaybhan (47) and Satbeer (58) -- were on patrol duty near Sir Chotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi when they noticed a car over-speeding and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop.
When the car did not stop, the policemen became suspicious and tried chasing the vehicle but in vain.
"The car rammed into the PCR van injuring the two policemen. The occupants of the car managed to escape," a senior police official said.
The injured policemen were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
Police have registered a case and have launched a manhunt to nab the occupants of the car.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon