Two constables injured as car rams into police van
New Delhi: Two policemen were injured after a speeding car they were chasing rammed into their PCR van in the wee hours of Sunday in north Delhi, police said.
Two head constables -- Udaybhan (47) and Satbeer (58) -- were on patrol duty near Sir Chotu Ram Polytechnic Institute at Kanjhawala in north Delhi when they noticed a car over-speeding and signalled the driver of the vehicle to stop.
When the car did not stop, the policemen became suspicious and tried chasing the vehicle but in vain.
"The car rammed into the PCR van injuring the two policemen. The occupants of the car managed to escape," a senior police official said.
The injured policemen were rushed to the Sanjay Gandhi Memorial Hospital where their condition is stated to be stable.
Police have registered a case and have launched a manhunt to nab the occupants of the car.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan