Two cops among 6 arrested for sex, extortion racket in Delhi
New Delhi: Six persons, including two Delhi Police constables, have been arrested for allegedly extorting Rs three lakh from a man and running a sex and extortion racket in Rani Bagh locality.
Constables Manoj Kumar, from Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan, and Pawan Kumar, a resident of Mangol Puri and posted in Crime Branch, were arrested following a complaint by a man that he was asked to pay Rs three lakh by cops for not registering a case of rape against him, police said on Sunday.
According to complainant, he was lured by a woman and her associate in Rani Bagh, a senior official said.
"He was detained for hours and beaten on the pretext that he had committed rape. The accused posed as Crime Branch officials and demanded Rs six lakh from the complainant but after negotiations, he paid Rs three lakh," said Ravindra Yadav, Addl CP Crime Branch.
Police formed a team, based on his complaint and arrested four persons, including a woman.
Based on the technical surveillance and at the instance of the complainant, the accused persons namely Sunny, Neeraj, Simran (name changed), Vijay and the two constables were arrested for their involvement in this extortion racket, he added.
During interrogation, they said the accused Sunny and his wife Sunita were running a brothel in Rani Bagh and they came in contact with Neeraj.
Neeraj introduced them to Constable Manoj and Vijay. Vijay is an ex-Home Guard having grocery shop in Mangol Puri and indulged in property business.
Thereafter, all of them formed a gang, hatched a conspiracy and planned to extort money from the clients who used to visit the brothel.
They also involved few women in this racket to lure and extort the clients, the official said.
The accused used to take the client to their place and once he was in a compromising position, the gang members outside were informed and posing as "Crime Branch" officials, they used to barge in the room and pretend as if they were going to arrest the person on charges of rape, he said.
Once the client was pressurised and terrorised by this act, they used to demand money from him for escaping legal action, he said.
One of the accused Sunita is yet to be arrested in the case and is on the run.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!