Two cops arrested for brawl, road rage in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons, including two sub-inspectors of Delhi Police, one of whom is a woman, were arrested?after a brawl took place between them and people of Rajouri Garden area following a road rage incident involving the cops, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last night.
The arrested police personnel have been identified as Anu and Lakshman.
Anu and Lakshman were travelling in a car along with two other persons when their vehicle brushed past another.
"The collision led to an argument between the two police personnel and the lone occupant of the second car," said a police official.
"Following this, Anu allegedly slapped the driver of the other car and Lakshman created a ruckus. He also threatened some locals (who had gathered there because of the accident) following which a brawl ensued between them," said the official.
Someone made a PCR call, after which police reached the spot and everybody was taken to the police station.
"The medical examination confirmed that the two police personnel were drunk, after which a case was registered and all four of them were arrested," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Pakistan needs to actively pursue terrorist organisations using their soil, says US
- PSEB 10th result 2016: Tarn Taran girl Simrandeep Kaur tops Punjab School Education Board 10th result with 99.08%
- Check Biharboard.bih.nic.in & Biharboard.ac.in for BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12th XII Intermediate Arts Result 2016 to be announced today - just an hour to go
- When Rajiv Gandhi explained features of a new Indian Navy ship to his parents-in-law
- Congolese's murder: VK Singh deputed to allay African envoys' concerns