Two cops arrested for brawl, road rage in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons, including two sub-inspectors of Delhi Police, one of whom is a woman, were arrested?after a brawl took place between them and people of Rajouri Garden area following a road rage incident involving the cops, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last night.
The arrested police personnel have been identified as Anu and Lakshman.
Anu and Lakshman were travelling in a car along with two other persons when their vehicle brushed past another.
"The collision led to an argument between the two police personnel and the lone occupant of the second car," said a police official.
"Following this, Anu allegedly slapped the driver of the other car and Lakshman created a ruckus. He also threatened some locals (who had gathered there because of the accident) following which a brawl ensued between them," said the official.
Someone made a PCR call, after which police reached the spot and everybody was taken to the police station.
"The medical examination confirmed that the two police personnel were drunk, after which a case was registered and all four of them were arrested," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad