Two cops arrested for brawl, road rage in Delhi
New Delhi: Four persons, including two sub-inspectors of Delhi Police, one of whom is a woman, were arrested?after a brawl took place between them and people of Rajouri Garden area following a road rage incident involving the cops, police said on Monday.
The incident took place last night.
The arrested police personnel have been identified as Anu and Lakshman.
Anu and Lakshman were travelling in a car along with two other persons when their vehicle brushed past another.
"The collision led to an argument between the two police personnel and the lone occupant of the second car," said a police official.
"Following this, Anu allegedly slapped the driver of the other car and Lakshman created a ruckus. He also threatened some locals (who had gathered there because of the accident) following which a brawl ensued between them," said the official.
Someone made a PCR call, after which police reached the spot and everybody was taken to the police station.
"The medical examination confirmed that the two police personnel were drunk, after which a case was registered and all four of them were arrested," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?