Two cops attacked for questioning man during patrolling duty
New Delhi: Two Delhi Police constables were injured when they were allegedly attacked by two brothers and their mother after the cops stopped one of them for questioning during patrolling duty in Central Delhi`s Chandni Mahal area.
According to police, the two constables during patrolling duty last night, saw a man named Nadeem wandering suspiciously in the area.
As they stopped him for questioning, Nadeem made a call to his family, and soon his brother Siraj and his mother reached the spot and attacked the policemen, police said.
In the scuffle, the uniforms of the constables Ravi Kumar (35) and Vijay Kumar (41) got torn and they sustained minor injuries, police said.
Nadeem, who has five police cases pending against him, was arrested from the spot while his brother Siraj, who is a bad character of the area, and mother escaped, Additional Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar said.
The two constables were taken to hospital from where they were discharged after first aid.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has been registered and efforts are on to nab Siraj and his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what