Two cops attacked for questioning man during patrolling duty
New Delhi: Two Delhi Police constables were injured when they were allegedly attacked by two brothers and their mother after the cops stopped one of them for questioning during patrolling duty in Central Delhi`s Chandni Mahal area.
According to police, the two constables during patrolling duty last night, saw a man named Nadeem wandering suspiciously in the area.
As they stopped him for questioning, Nadeem made a call to his family, and soon his brother Siraj and his mother reached the spot and attacked the policemen, police said.
In the scuffle, the uniforms of the constables Ravi Kumar (35) and Vijay Kumar (41) got torn and they sustained minor injuries, police said.
Nadeem, who has five police cases pending against him, was arrested from the spot while his brother Siraj, who is a bad character of the area, and mother escaped, Additional Commissioner of Police (Central) Alok Kumar said.
The two constables were taken to hospital from where they were discharged after first aid.
A case under relevant sections of IPC has been registered and efforts are on to nab Siraj and his mother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital