Two-day strike: `Travelling arrangements being made for people`
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Monday said it was making all necessary arrangements to ensure that commuters do not face any hardships during the two-day nationwide strike called by central trade unions.
Officials said the transport department has been asked to ensure that all the DTC buses ply on the road on Wednesday and Thursday.
A statement issued by the chief minister`s office also appealed car owners to consider sharing their vehicles on the two days.
"It is appealed that public may also consider sharing their private vehicles by way of car pools and other common means of transport on these days," it said.
The central trade unions have called for a two-day strike nation-wide strike from February 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog