Two Delhi cops suspended for custodial death
New Delhi: A Delhi Police sub-inspector and a constable were suspended for the death of a man after allegedly being thrashed in police custody.
Amit, 25, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital. He was allegedly beaten up in police custody four days ago.
He was arrested Wednesday from west Delhi`s Khayala area for fighting with his family.
"He was admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital Wednesday after being beaten up in police custody," said a police officer.
An inquiry has been set up. Sub-inspector Anoop Singh and Constable Naveen have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?