Two Delhi cops suspended for custodial death
New Delhi: A Delhi Police sub-inspector and a constable were suspended for the death of a man after allegedly being thrashed in police custody.
Amit, 25, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital. He was allegedly beaten up in police custody four days ago.
He was arrested Wednesday from west Delhi`s Khayala area for fighting with his family.
"He was admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital Wednesday after being beaten up in police custody," said a police officer.
An inquiry has been set up. Sub-inspector Anoop Singh and Constable Naveen have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love