Two Delhi cops suspended for custodial death
New Delhi: A Delhi Police sub-inspector and a constable were suspended for the death of a man after allegedly being thrashed in police custody.
Amit, 25, succumbed to his injuries in a hospital. He was allegedly beaten up in police custody four days ago.
He was arrested Wednesday from west Delhi`s Khayala area for fighting with his family.
"He was admitted to Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital Wednesday after being beaten up in police custody," said a police officer.
An inquiry has been set up. Sub-inspector Anoop Singh and Constable Naveen have been suspended.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok