Two detained for obstructing Dikshit`s convoy
New Delhi: Two car-borne youth were detained Thursday for not giving way to Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit`s convoy in north Delhi, police said. They were let off after questioning.
The incident took place around 11.35 am near Nirankari Maidan in Mukherjee Nagar when Dikshit was heading towards Burari to inaugurate a camp for pilgrims going to the shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti in Ajmer.
The accused did not give way to Dikshit`s convoy and refused to pay attention to the instructions issued to them by her escort team.
"The car-borne youth were instructed by the escort team to let the chief minister`s convoy overtake them, but they did not respond. Later, they were forcibly stopped," said a police official.
The official said the youth were detained for questioning and then let off.
"During interrogation and frisking it came to light that they did not give way to the chief minister`s convoy deliberately. They got confused when the escort team gave them instructions," said the official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away after suffering cardiac arrest; Panneerselvam takes oath as new CM of Tamil Nadu
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what