Two die after inhaling poisonous gas in Delhi
New Delhi: Two labourers working for the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) died on Saturday after inhaling poisonous fumes while cleaning a sewage treatment plant in east Delhi`s Kondli area, police said.
According to police, Moolchand, 45, entered the sewage plant with his shift in-charge Dileep, 42, around 11 a.m., but the duo soon fell unconscious after inhaling poisonous gases from the tank. Five other workers, who rushed in to save the duo, too fell unconscious.
"Other workers present there managed to pull them out. All seven men were rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, where Dileep and Moolchand died. The other five are now out of danger," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it