Two die after inhaling poisonous gas in Delhi
New Delhi: Two labourers working for the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) died on Saturday after inhaling poisonous fumes while cleaning a sewage treatment plant in east Delhi`s Kondli area, police said.
According to police, Moolchand, 45, entered the sewage plant with his shift in-charge Dileep, 42, around 11 a.m., but the duo soon fell unconscious after inhaling poisonous gases from the tank. Five other workers, who rushed in to save the duo, too fell unconscious.
"Other workers present there managed to pull them out. All seven men were rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, where Dileep and Moolchand died. The other five are now out of danger," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?