Two die after inhaling poisonous gas in Delhi
New Delhi: Two labourers working for the Delhi Jal Board (DJB) died on Saturday after inhaling poisonous fumes while cleaning a sewage treatment plant in east Delhi`s Kondli area, police said.
According to police, Moolchand, 45, entered the sewage plant with his shift in-charge Dileep, 42, around 11 a.m., but the duo soon fell unconscious after inhaling poisonous gases from the tank. Five other workers, who rushed in to save the duo, too fell unconscious.
"Other workers present there managed to pull them out. All seven men were rushed to the Lal Bahadur Shastri Hospital, where Dileep and Moolchand died. The other five are now out of danger," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister