Two die in fire caused by cylinder blast
New Delhi: A 65-year-old woman and a
teenager were charred to death while three others, including a
four-month-old girl, suffered injuries here today when a
cylinder exploded in a building which houses their residence
and a socks manufacturing unit.
The deceased have been identified as Ramvati and Kuldeep
(18). Kuldeep who lost his life while attempting to save the
The blaze was reported from the three-storied building
in Shastri Nagar locality in Sarai Rohilla around 5.15 am and
11 fire tenders were rushed to the spot which doused the
flames after around two-and-half hours.
The cause of the fire is attributed to the explosion of a
small cylinder in the building. The fire had spread to all
floors of the building.
Ramvati`s son Ram Saran (25), his wife Mamta (22), Nanhi
(four months) and house owner Raju were in the building when
the fire broke out.
Ram Saran escaped without injuries while the other three
suffered minor burn injuries. All of them were rushed to a
nearby hospital where Ramvati and Kuldeep, Ram Saran`s
brother-in-law, were declared brought dead.
"Kuldeep was trying to save Ramvati but both were charred
to death," a senior fire brigade official said.
A case has been registered in connection with the
incident and further investigations are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions