Two doctors arrested for negligence as boy dies after operation
Ghaziabad: Two doctors of a reputed hospital here were arrested on Monday after their alleged negligence led to the death of a nine-year-old patient here.
SS Bhagat and Sachin Mittal, both employed with the hospital, have been arrested, police said.
According to the police, Dev Sharma was admitted to the hospital in Vaishali on Sunday after he complained of pain in a finger.
"The victim`s father alleged that the doctors suggested an operation. But after the operation, Dev again complained about the pain. Following this, the doctors gave him three doses of injection and shifted him to ventilator. However, within an hour, they declared the child dead," said a senior police official.
Police said that parents have alleged that the child died due to drug overdose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city