Two doctors arrested for negligence as boy dies after operation
Ghaziabad: Two doctors of a reputed hospital here were arrested on Monday after their alleged negligence led to the death of a nine-year-old patient here.
SS Bhagat and Sachin Mittal, both employed with the hospital, have been arrested, police said.
According to the police, Dev Sharma was admitted to the hospital in Vaishali on Sunday after he complained of pain in a finger.
"The victim`s father alleged that the doctors suggested an operation. But after the operation, Dev again complained about the pain. Following this, the doctors gave him three doses of injection and shifted him to ventilator. However, within an hour, they declared the child dead," said a senior police official.
Police said that parents have alleged that the child died due to drug overdose.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane