Two doctors arrested for negligence as boy dies after operation
Ghaziabad: Two doctors of a reputed hospital here were arrested on Monday after their alleged negligence led to the death of a nine-year-old patient here.
SS Bhagat and Sachin Mittal, both employed with the hospital, have been arrested, police said.
According to the police, Dev Sharma was admitted to the hospital in Vaishali on Sunday after he complained of pain in a finger.
"The victim`s father alleged that the doctors suggested an operation. But after the operation, Dev again complained about the pain. Following this, the doctors gave him three doses of injection and shifted him to ventilator. However, within an hour, they declared the child dead," said a senior police official.
Police said that parents have alleged that the child died due to drug overdose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the common causes of red or bloodshot eyes!
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount