Two doctors arrested for negligence as boy dies after operation
Ghaziabad: Two doctors of a reputed hospital here were arrested on Monday after their alleged negligence led to the death of a nine-year-old patient here.
SS Bhagat and Sachin Mittal, both employed with the hospital, have been arrested, police said.
According to the police, Dev Sharma was admitted to the hospital in Vaishali on Sunday after he complained of pain in a finger.
"The victim`s father alleged that the doctors suggested an operation. But after the operation, Dev again complained about the pain. Following this, the doctors gave him three doses of injection and shifted him to ventilator. However, within an hour, they declared the child dead," said a senior police official.
Police said that parents have alleged that the child died due to drug overdose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price