Two doctors arrested for negligence as boy dies after operation
Ghaziabad: Two doctors of a reputed hospital here were arrested on Monday after their alleged negligence led to the death of a nine-year-old patient here.
SS Bhagat and Sachin Mittal, both employed with the hospital, have been arrested, police said.
According to the police, Dev Sharma was admitted to the hospital in Vaishali on Sunday after he complained of pain in a finger.
"The victim`s father alleged that the doctors suggested an operation. But after the operation, Dev again complained about the pain. Following this, the doctors gave him three doses of injection and shifted him to ventilator. However, within an hour, they declared the child dead," said a senior police official.
Police said that parents have alleged that the child died due to drug overdose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming