Two doctors held for offering bribe in Delhi
New Delhi: Two doctors of Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital were arrested on Saturday by the Anti-corruption Bureau for allegedly giving bribe to a person.
VK Jha and Sudesh Kumar, both doctors posted in the casualty department of the government hospital, were caught for offering a bribe of Rs 50,000 to a person for taking back a complaint he had filed against them, said police.
"The duo was produced before a court, which remanded them in four days police custody," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Anti-corruption) GC Dwivedi.
The two doctors were earlier posted in the post-mortem department of the hospital, Dwivedi said.
"The complainant had filed a complaint against them with the Hospital administration alleging that the two doctors were taking money for conducting postmortems, hiring ineligible staff and not paying the stipulated salaries to the temporary employees," the official said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and it found them involved in the discrepancies, following which they were transferred to the casualty department, sources said.
Later, when they requested the administration to post them back to the post-mortem wing, they were told that any such decision could be taken only after the complaint had been taken back.
Subsequently, they approached the complainant and offered him Rs 50,000 for taking the complaint back.
The complainant informed the Anti-Corruption Bureau and a trap was laid to arrest the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan