Two doctors held for offering bribe in Delhi
New Delhi: Two doctors of Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital were arrested on Saturday by the Anti-corruption Bureau for allegedly giving bribe to a person.
VK Jha and Sudesh Kumar, both doctors posted in the casualty department of the government hospital, were caught for offering a bribe of Rs 50,000 to a person for taking back a complaint he had filed against them, said police.
"The duo was produced before a court, which remanded them in four days police custody," said Additional Commissioner of Police (Anti-corruption) GC Dwivedi.
The two doctors were earlier posted in the post-mortem department of the hospital, Dwivedi said.
"The complainant had filed a complaint against them with the Hospital administration alleging that the two doctors were taking money for conducting postmortems, hiring ineligible staff and not paying the stipulated salaries to the temporary employees," the official said.
A departmental inquiry was conducted and it found them involved in the discrepancies, following which they were transferred to the casualty department, sources said.
Later, when they requested the administration to post them back to the post-mortem wing, they were told that any such decision could be taken only after the complaint had been taken back.
Subsequently, they approached the complainant and offered him Rs 50,000 for taking the complaint back.
The complainant informed the Anti-Corruption Bureau and a trap was laid to arrest the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?