Two dreaded criminals arrested in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad police arrested two dreaded criminals with over 75 criminal cases against them, police said here on Friday.
Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tiwari told mediapersons at a press conference that the two criminals, Subey Singh and Rahul, were from Bijnore. They had robbed a bank of Rs 40 lakh there.
Singh and Rahul were arrested after a police patrol challenged five men on suspicion in Kashiram Yojna residential area here on Thursday night. Subey Singh and Rahul were arrested. Parvinder, Pummy and Bhupender - all from Bijnore - managed to flee.
Two pistols were recovered from their possession.
The arrested criminals admitted that they had robbed a police constable of his motorcycle on February 02 in Govindpuram here. The motorcycle has been recovered.
The duo added that they robbed a junior engineer posted at Sisona power house in Bijnore of Rs 40,000 and some government documents on April 01.
"Their arrest will help police solve other cases in western Uttar Pradesh," Tiwari said.
Singh introduced his son Parvinder to crime. Parvinder has over a dozen cases registered against him in Bijnore.
Rahul has over 25 criminal cases registered against him in Bijnore and surrounding areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31