Two dreaded criminals arrested in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad police arrested two dreaded criminals with over 75 criminal cases against them, police said here on Friday.
Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tiwari told mediapersons at a press conference that the two criminals, Subey Singh and Rahul, were from Bijnore. They had robbed a bank of Rs 40 lakh there.
Singh and Rahul were arrested after a police patrol challenged five men on suspicion in Kashiram Yojna residential area here on Thursday night. Subey Singh and Rahul were arrested. Parvinder, Pummy and Bhupender - all from Bijnore - managed to flee.
Two pistols were recovered from their possession.
The arrested criminals admitted that they had robbed a police constable of his motorcycle on February 02 in Govindpuram here. The motorcycle has been recovered.
The duo added that they robbed a junior engineer posted at Sisona power house in Bijnore of Rs 40,000 and some government documents on April 01.
"Their arrest will help police solve other cases in western Uttar Pradesh," Tiwari said.
Singh introduced his son Parvinder to crime. Parvinder has over a dozen cases registered against him in Bijnore.
Rahul has over 25 criminal cases registered against him in Bijnore and surrounding areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi