Two dreaded criminals arrested in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: The Ghaziabad police arrested two dreaded criminals with over 75 criminal cases against them, police said here on Friday.
Ghaziabad Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tiwari told mediapersons at a press conference that the two criminals, Subey Singh and Rahul, were from Bijnore. They had robbed a bank of Rs 40 lakh there.
Singh and Rahul were arrested after a police patrol challenged five men on suspicion in Kashiram Yojna residential area here on Thursday night. Subey Singh and Rahul were arrested. Parvinder, Pummy and Bhupender - all from Bijnore - managed to flee.
Two pistols were recovered from their possession.
The arrested criminals admitted that they had robbed a police constable of his motorcycle on February 02 in Govindpuram here. The motorcycle has been recovered.
The duo added that they robbed a junior engineer posted at Sisona power house in Bijnore of Rs 40,000 and some government documents on April 01.
"Their arrest will help police solve other cases in western Uttar Pradesh," Tiwari said.
Singh introduced his son Parvinder to crime. Parvinder has over a dozen cases registered against him in Bijnore.
Rahul has over 25 criminal cases registered against him in Bijnore and surrounding areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders