Two foreigners, teenage girl arrested for abduction
New Delhi: Two foreign nationals along with their accomplice, a 19-year-old girl, were arrested for alleged abduction of a man here, police said on Saturday.
The trio, identified as Anyanwu Chinwendu, a resident of Nigeria, James William, a resident of Sierra Leone and teenager Monica Nayak Rajput abducted a Ludhiana-based Chartered Accountant Arun after honey-trapping him through a social networking website, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Ranvir Singh.
All the three accused were arrested from their rented accommodation in Chhittaranjan Park area of South Delhi and Arun was rescued from their clutches on Wednesday.
The incident came to light when Arun`s son Nikhil informed the police that his father had been abducted from Janak Puri area and the abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 4 lakh for his release.
An FIR was registered at Janak Puri Police Station and investigation was taken up, the DCP said.
During investigation it was revealed that Arun came to Delhi by train on Tuesday noon, where he was offered lift by Monica, a friend whom he had met on a social networking site.
She took him to her rented accommodation where the other two accused entered the house and clicked his photographs. Arun was threatened that his photographs would released online and demanded ransom for his release, said Singh.
The accused were in touch with Arun`s family and managed to get Rs 4 lakh transferred in the account of Monica.
On Wednesday, police raided their hide out at South Delhi from where Monica, Anyanwu and James were arrested, Singh said, adding further investigation are on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...