Two foreigners, teenage girl arrested for abduction
New Delhi: Two foreign nationals along with their accomplice, a 19-year-old girl, were arrested for alleged abduction of a man here, police said on Saturday.
The trio, identified as Anyanwu Chinwendu, a resident of Nigeria, James William, a resident of Sierra Leone and teenager Monica Nayak Rajput abducted a Ludhiana-based Chartered Accountant Arun after honey-trapping him through a social networking website, said Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Ranvir Singh.
All the three accused were arrested from their rented accommodation in Chhittaranjan Park area of South Delhi and Arun was rescued from their clutches on Wednesday.
The incident came to light when Arun`s son Nikhil informed the police that his father had been abducted from Janak Puri area and the abductors demanded a ransom of Rs 4 lakh for his release.
An FIR was registered at Janak Puri Police Station and investigation was taken up, the DCP said.
During investigation it was revealed that Arun came to Delhi by train on Tuesday noon, where he was offered lift by Monica, a friend whom he had met on a social networking site.
She took him to her rented accommodation where the other two accused entered the house and clicked his photographs. Arun was threatened that his photographs would released online and demanded ransom for his release, said Singh.
The accused were in touch with Arun`s family and managed to get Rs 4 lakh transferred in the account of Monica.
On Wednesday, police raided their hide out at South Delhi from where Monica, Anyanwu and James were arrested, Singh said, adding further investigation are on in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list