Two girls from Jharkhand raped in Delhi`s Bhajanpura
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Another horrific case of brutality emerged on Saturday confirming Delhi`s shameful tag of `rape capital` yet again.
The girls told police that an unidentified accused first won their confidence by promising to help them get their railway tickets confirmed and then gave them sedative-laced drinks, raped them and left them in an unconscious state separately at isolated places in the Bhajanpura area.
The 21 and 24-year-old victims had done their graduation from an institution in Gurgaon and had come to NCR on June 2 to collect some documents. They were supposed return to Jharkhand on June 5.
According to police, the duo went to the Anand Vihar railway station where they found that their tickets had not been confirmed.
But they "met a person who offered to get their return tickets confirmed" and said he would take them to old Delhi railway station for the same.
The girls told police that, on their way there in an autorickshaw, he gave them a drink laced with sedatives that made them unconscious.
When the duo regained consciousness, they found themselves in Bhajanpura.
With the help of locals, they contacted police. A medical examination of the duo showed that they had been sexually assaulted.
A case under relevant sections has been registered in the matter against unknown persons, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday