Two girls from Jharkhand rescued, couple held for trafficking
New Delhi: A couple were arrested for allegedly trafficking two minor girls from Jharkhand to Delhi and forcing them to work as domestic help in Vasant Vihar area of South Delhi, police said.
Rajkumar (36) and his wife Anna Lohare (24) were arrested and the two minor girls have been rescued. The couple have been booked under section relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident came to light when one Bhikhu Banda and Pushpa Lakra gave a complaint that the two girls were brought to Delhi sometime ago on the pretext of job but they were made to work in bungalows at meager salaries.
"We then conducted a raid and rescued the two girls and the couple were arrested," said a police official.
The rescued girls were sent for medical examination and then produced before Child Welfare Committee (CWC), after which they have been sent back to Jharkhand to reunite with their families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- Kajol laments lack of 'exciting' scripts
- 'Sarbjit' Box Office collections: Randeep Hooda-Aishwarya Rai Bachchan starrer mints Rs 8.25 cr!
- Photo alert! Latest pic of Twinkle Khanna with daughter Nitara will surely make you go aww
- Will drag Preeti Menon to court: Maharastra minister Eknath Khadse on 'links' with Dawood
- Handsomeness! Randeep Hooda and Dino Morea party looking debonair-- See pics