Two girls from Jharkhand rescued, couple held for trafficking
New Delhi: A couple were arrested for allegedly trafficking two minor girls from Jharkhand to Delhi and forcing them to work as domestic help in Vasant Vihar area of South Delhi, police said.
Rajkumar (36) and his wife Anna Lohare (24) were arrested and the two minor girls have been rescued. The couple have been booked under section relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident came to light when one Bhikhu Banda and Pushpa Lakra gave a complaint that the two girls were brought to Delhi sometime ago on the pretext of job but they were made to work in bungalows at meager salaries.
"We then conducted a raid and rescued the two girls and the couple were arrested," said a police official.
The rescued girls were sent for medical examination and then produced before Child Welfare Committee (CWC), after which they have been sent back to Jharkhand to reunite with their families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- Vodafone launches 4G services in Haryana; get 20 GB data at just Rs 999
- Shahid Afridi virtually ruled out of lone T20 against England
- iBerry Auxus 4X with 4GB RAM launched in India at Rs 15,990
- OMG! UP politician calls traffic cop 'gunda' for doing his duty – WATCH Viral Video
- Two dead, seven injured in stampede after fire in Murshidabad hospital