Two girls from Jharkhand rescued, couple held for trafficking
New Delhi: A couple were arrested for allegedly trafficking two minor girls from Jharkhand to Delhi and forcing them to work as domestic help in Vasant Vihar area of South Delhi, police said.
Rajkumar (36) and his wife Anna Lohare (24) were arrested and the two minor girls have been rescued. The couple have been booked under section relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident came to light when one Bhikhu Banda and Pushpa Lakra gave a complaint that the two girls were brought to Delhi sometime ago on the pretext of job but they were made to work in bungalows at meager salaries.
"We then conducted a raid and rescued the two girls and the couple were arrested," said a police official.
The rescued girls were sent for medical examination and then produced before Child Welfare Committee (CWC), after which they have been sent back to Jharkhand to reunite with their families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Scientists produce rare wood bison calves through IVF
- Munich pulls together after shopping mall shooting
- West Indies legend Vivian Richards hails Virat Kohli's 'magnificent' innings
- Indian aid worker Judith D'Souza rescued from captors in Afghanistan returns home
- 80 killed, over 200 injured in twin suicide bomb attacks on Kabul protesters; Islamic State claims responsibility