Two girls from Jharkhand rescued, couple held for trafficking
New Delhi: A couple were arrested for allegedly trafficking two minor girls from Jharkhand to Delhi and forcing them to work as domestic help in Vasant Vihar area of South Delhi, police said.
Rajkumar (36) and his wife Anna Lohare (24) were arrested and the two minor girls have been rescued. The couple have been booked under section relevant sections of IPC, police said.
The incident came to light when one Bhikhu Banda and Pushpa Lakra gave a complaint that the two girls were brought to Delhi sometime ago on the pretext of job but they were made to work in bungalows at meager salaries.
"We then conducted a raid and rescued the two girls and the couple were arrested," said a police official.
The rescued girls were sent for medical examination and then produced before Child Welfare Committee (CWC), after which they have been sent back to Jharkhand to reunite with their families, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh