Two groups clash in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two groups belonging to different communities on Friday clashed after a quarrel over volume of loudspeakers installed at their religious places in Nand Nagri area in East Delhi here.
Two persons were injured and a police vehicle damaged in the violence.
According to police, the incident happened at around 2 PM when people belonging to two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
The confrontation began when the volume of the loudspeaker installed at a religious place by a group was raised, which was objected to by the other group leading to a heated argument.
Within minutes, the situation turned ugly. "The groups pelted stones on each other in which two persons were injured. The unruly mob also damage a police vehicle," said a police officer.
A large police contingent has been deployed in the area and the situation is under control, the officer said.
A case under relevant sections has been registered although no one has been detained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city