Two groups clash in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two groups belonging to different communities on Friday clashed after a quarrel over volume of loudspeakers installed at their religious places in Nand Nagri area in East Delhi here.
Two persons were injured and a police vehicle damaged in the violence.
According to police, the incident happened at around 2 PM when people belonging to two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
The confrontation began when the volume of the loudspeaker installed at a religious place by a group was raised, which was objected to by the other group leading to a heated argument.
Within minutes, the situation turned ugly. "The groups pelted stones on each other in which two persons were injured. The unruly mob also damage a police vehicle," said a police officer.
A large police contingent has been deployed in the area and the situation is under control, the officer said.
A case under relevant sections has been registered although no one has been detained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef