Two groups clash in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two groups belonging to different communities on Friday clashed after a quarrel over volume of loudspeakers installed at their religious places in Nand Nagri area in East Delhi here.
Two persons were injured and a police vehicle damaged in the violence.
According to police, the incident happened at around 2 PM when people belonging to two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
The confrontation began when the volume of the loudspeaker installed at a religious place by a group was raised, which was objected to by the other group leading to a heated argument.
Within minutes, the situation turned ugly. "The groups pelted stones on each other in which two persons were injured. The unruly mob also damage a police vehicle," said a police officer.
A large police contingent has been deployed in the area and the situation is under control, the officer said.
A case under relevant sections has been registered although no one has been detained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border