Two groups clash in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two groups belonging to different communities on Friday clashed after a quarrel over volume of loudspeakers installed at their religious places in Nand Nagri area in East Delhi here.
Two persons were injured and a police vehicle damaged in the violence.
According to police, the incident happened at around 2 PM when people belonging to two communities gathered at their religious places located in the same area to offer prayers.
The confrontation began when the volume of the loudspeaker installed at a religious place by a group was raised, which was objected to by the other group leading to a heated argument.
Within minutes, the situation turned ugly. "The groups pelted stones on each other in which two persons were injured. The unruly mob also damage a police vehicle," said a police officer.
A large police contingent has been deployed in the area and the situation is under control, the officer said.
A case under relevant sections has been registered although no one has been detained, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Fiji military chief visits New Zealand for rebuilding of links between the armed forces
- Olympic flag arrives in Tokyo, host city of 2020 Summer Olympics
- Any talks on Kashmir must include Pakistan: Hurriyat Conference's Mirwaiz Umar Farooq
- Janmashtami special—Celebrate Krishna's birth with these top 5 Bollywood tracks!
- Prevent abdominal aortic rupture – Drink green tea!