Two held after shootout near Agrasen College
New Delhi: Two persons were arrested here after a shootout in east Delhi on Saturday, police said.
The incident took place near Maharaja Agrasen College.
Two constables were on motorcycle patrol when they found as many youths on two bikes in suspicious condition, police said.
"When they intercept them, the youths - identified as Ahesan and Riyaz - fired at police. In the retaliatory action, a bullet hit Ahesan`s left leg. The duo was overpowered by the constables," a police official said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May
- No instances of incursions by Chinese troops into Indian territory: Manohar Parrikar