Two held for abducting soldier`s son in Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old son of a soldier was rescued here and two call centre employees arrested for abducting the boy for Rs.15 lakh ransom, police said Sunday.
"Krishan Kumar and Sahib Singh, both aged 20 years, were arrested from Lodhi Colony in south Delhi and Inderpuri in north Delhi Saturday," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
On Jan 25, Shokender Singh, who is a lance naik in the Indian Army, approached police with a complaint that his son was missing from a play ground in Lodhi Colony.
He said that he was receiving phone calls with the caller demanding Rs.15 lakh as ransom for his son`s, Sharma said.
On the basis of information received from the location from where the ransom call was made, police laid a trap and arrested the accused. The child was rescued from a house in Inderpuri in west Delhi.
The two accused were employed at the call centre of a mobile phone company at Naraina in west Delhi. They committed the crime because of a financial crunch, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Now, Nashik farmers sell fresh grapes online!
- Watch: Paraplegic Deepa Malik talks about her achievements!
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Mumbai: Mobile app to fight ISIS influence among youth across India
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen