Two held for abducting soldier`s son in Delhi
New Delhi: A three-year-old son of a soldier was rescued here and two call centre employees arrested for abducting the boy for Rs.15 lakh ransom, police said Sunday.
"Krishan Kumar and Sahib Singh, both aged 20 years, were arrested from Lodhi Colony in south Delhi and Inderpuri in north Delhi Saturday," said Deputy Commissioner of Police Chhaya Sharma.
On Jan 25, Shokender Singh, who is a lance naik in the Indian Army, approached police with a complaint that his son was missing from a play ground in Lodhi Colony.
He said that he was receiving phone calls with the caller demanding Rs.15 lakh as ransom for his son`s, Sharma said.
On the basis of information received from the location from where the ransom call was made, police laid a trap and arrested the accused. The child was rescued from a house in Inderpuri in west Delhi.
The two accused were employed at the call centre of a mobile phone company at Naraina in west Delhi. They committed the crime because of a financial crunch, Sharma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested