Two held for Delhi University student`s murder
New Delhi: Two people were arrested in south Delhi Thursday in connection with the murder of a 20-year-old student from Delhi University`s Khalsa College earlier this week, police said.
"Bacchan Singh Nagar, 23, and Umesh, 22, were apprehended from south Delhi when they were trying to escape from the capital," a police official said.
Both the accused have been booked for murder and abduction, police said.
Kamal Singh Rawat, a third year B.Com student of Khalsa College, was abducted July 12 in east Delhi`s Sonia Vihar. According to police, the accused stabbed Kamal several times before he collapsed.
On Thursday, police acted on a information that both Nagar and Umesh were trying to escape from Delhi after a violent public reaction to their crime in Sonia Vihar.
"They approached one of their relatives in Mehrauli to arrange money. They were arrested when they were waiting for somebody to deliver money at Andheria More in Mehrauli to escape from Delhi," said the police official.
Nagar is engaged in the travel business and Umesh is pursuing a computers course from Sikkim Manipal University. Umesh is attached to the Kamla Nagar study centre of the university in north Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA