Two held in businessman kidnap case in Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping a businessman from Karol bagh area, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Dharmender (22) and Chakit Ravi (28) on Sunday and recovered Rs 20 lakh which was paid as ransom, a car and a motorcycle used to commit the crime.
The duo had kidnapped Ritesh Bansal and Rs 20 lakh ransom to free him. They asked his family members to bring the money at Rithala Metro Station. They later directed to bring the money to BSA Hospital, a police official said.
Ravi was apprehended from his house, while Dharmender was nabbed when he came to collect the money, police said.
Meanwhile, Bansal managed to fled from the captivity and reached Shahbad dairy police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir