Two held in businessman kidnap case in Delhi
New Delhi: Two persons have been arrested for allegedly kidnapping a businessman from Karol bagh area, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested Dharmender (22) and Chakit Ravi (28) on Sunday and recovered Rs 20 lakh which was paid as ransom, a car and a motorcycle used to commit the crime.
The duo had kidnapped Ritesh Bansal and Rs 20 lakh ransom to free him. They asked his family members to bring the money at Rithala Metro Station. They later directed to bring the money to BSA Hospital, a police official said.
Ravi was apprehended from his house, while Dharmender was nabbed when he came to collect the money, police said.
Meanwhile, Bansal managed to fled from the captivity and reached Shahbad dairy police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets