Two injured as bikers open fire on seeing police
New Delhi: Two people were injured when two bike riders opened fire in the air when Delhi Police personnel tried to stop them at a check-point here Monday, officials said. One of the bikers has been nabbed.
The two passers-by -- identified as 25-year-old Shiv and 28-year-old Indrajeet -- received bullet wounds on their hand and hip when the two bikers opened fire in the air ahead of a police check-point at Jagatpuri area of east Delhi.
With the help of other people, police managed to zero down on one of the attackers, identified as 25-year-old Dhananjay, but his companion Shakeel managed to flee.
Both the injured were admitted to hospital where they were said to be out of danger.
Police said Dhananjay is an accused in 30 criminal cases registered in various police stations in Delhi. A hunt is on to nab Shakeel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation