Two injured as bikers open fire on seeing police
New Delhi: Two people were injured when two bike riders opened fire in the air when Delhi Police personnel tried to stop them at a check-point here Monday, officials said. One of the bikers has been nabbed.
The two passers-by -- identified as 25-year-old Shiv and 28-year-old Indrajeet -- received bullet wounds on their hand and hip when the two bikers opened fire in the air ahead of a police check-point at Jagatpuri area of east Delhi.
With the help of other people, police managed to zero down on one of the attackers, identified as 25-year-old Dhananjay, but his companion Shakeel managed to flee.
Both the injured were admitted to hospital where they were said to be out of danger.
Police said Dhananjay is an accused in 30 criminal cases registered in various police stations in Delhi. A hunt is on to nab Shakeel.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today