Two injured as bikers open fire on seeing police
New Delhi: Two people were injured when two bike riders opened fire in the air when Delhi Police personnel tried to stop them at a check-point here Monday, officials said. One of the bikers has been nabbed.
The two passers-by -- identified as 25-year-old Shiv and 28-year-old Indrajeet -- received bullet wounds on their hand and hip when the two bikers opened fire in the air ahead of a police check-point at Jagatpuri area of east Delhi.
With the help of other people, police managed to zero down on one of the attackers, identified as 25-year-old Dhananjay, but his companion Shakeel managed to flee.
Both the injured were admitted to hospital where they were said to be out of danger.
Police said Dhananjay is an accused in 30 criminal cases registered in various police stations in Delhi. A hunt is on to nab Shakeel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why