Two Iranian students nabbed for assaulting police, media
Bangalore: Two Iranian women students were
arrested for assaulting a traffic Sub-Inspector and
mandhandling a press photographer late last night when they
were stopped for drunken driving, a top police official said.
"The accused Farima (26) and Azar Fasle (29) were nabbed,the
former for punching Traffic SI Ganesh Rao and biting his hand
and Fasle for pushing a press photographer, resulting in his
camera being broken when they were stopped near Cubbon Park
police station for drunken driving," Deputy Commissioner of
Police (East Division) Chandrashekhar said.
He said tests on the two revealed readings much higher than
the normal. The two started arguing when police asked them for
relevant papers, he said, adding that Farima assaulted Ganesh
who was questioning her.
They were later taken to the police station, where some
photographers present started clicking pictures. Irked, Fasle
pushed one of them, breaking his camera, he said.
Farima had completed her engineering and was seeking
admission to an MBA course in a college here, while Asle had
completed her B.Sc. They were staying at the international
college where Farima had studied
"The passports and driving licences of both have been
seized", he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'