Two jailed for gang-raping minor in moving car
New Delhi: Two youths have been sentenced to varying jail terms by a court for kidnapping and gang-raping a minor girl in a moving car, to take revenge on her sister.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau awarded life term to 24-year-old Manoj and 10 years of jail to 24-year-old Amit for gangraping and threatening the 12-year-old victim after they failed to find her elder sister whom they wanted to teach a lesson.
"It is writ large that not finding the woman (victim`s sister), Manoj targeted her younger minor sister hardly aged 12 years. This incident being a rape for purpose of revenge, only to teach a lesson to two other women cannot be over- looked and hence Manoj deserves no leniency," the court said.
The judge noted that Manoj was in a live-in relationship with a woman who was the friend of minor victim`s sister and due to some disputes between the live-in couple, they used to frequently approach police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users