Two jailed for gang-raping minor in moving car
New Delhi: Two youths have been sentenced to varying jail terms by a court for kidnapping and gang-raping a minor girl in a moving car, to take revenge on her sister.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau awarded life term to 24-year-old Manoj and 10 years of jail to 24-year-old Amit for gangraping and threatening the 12-year-old victim after they failed to find her elder sister whom they wanted to teach a lesson.
"It is writ large that not finding the woman (victim`s sister), Manoj targeted her younger minor sister hardly aged 12 years. This incident being a rape for purpose of revenge, only to teach a lesson to two other women cannot be over- looked and hence Manoj deserves no leniency," the court said.
The judge noted that Manoj was in a live-in relationship with a woman who was the friend of minor victim`s sister and due to some disputes between the live-in couple, they used to frequently approach police.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro