Two jailed for gang-raping minor in moving car
New Delhi: Two youths have been sentenced to varying jail terms by a court for kidnapping and gang-raping a minor girl in a moving car, to take revenge on her sister.
Additional Sessions Judge Kamini Lau awarded life term to 24-year-old Manoj and 10 years of jail to 24-year-old Amit for gangraping and threatening the 12-year-old victim after they failed to find her elder sister whom they wanted to teach a lesson.
"It is writ large that not finding the woman (victim`s sister), Manoj targeted her younger minor sister hardly aged 12 years. This incident being a rape for purpose of revenge, only to teach a lesson to two other women cannot be over- looked and hence Manoj deserves no leniency," the court said.
The judge noted that Manoj was in a live-in relationship with a woman who was the friend of minor victim`s sister and due to some disputes between the live-in couple, they used to frequently approach police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him