Two JD(U) MPs sit on dharna at IGI after missing flight
New Delhi: Two JD(U) MPs sat on a dharna
at Terminal 3 of IGI Airport here after the aircraft in which
they were to fly to Patna took off without taking them.
JD(U) MPs Sushil Kumar Singh and Kaushalendra Singh
sat on the dharna after Air India flight IC 415 flew to Patna
without taking them on board, airport sources said.
Though they checked in at the airline counter and took
their boarding passes, they did not turn up at the boarding
gate despite repeated announcements calling out to them, the
The doors of the plane were closed ten minutes before
the scheduled departure time and the airline decided to leave
the duo behind, they said.
"As the MPs, after checking in, did not turn up at the
boarding gate, they were declared `gate no show`," an AI
The MPs were on dharna for about two hours demanding
that they be accommodated in another flight to Patna today.
However, as there were no scheduled flights for Patna
today, the national carrier accommodated them in a flight
scheduled for tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends
- Vyapam scam: Only courts can order CBI probe, says Rajnath Singh