Two junior engineers suspended
Noida: Two Junior Engineers of New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) were on Saturday suspended and show-cause notices issued to four other officials for failing to get rid of encroachment in the industrial area.
After the inspection of industrial sectors, NOIDA CEO Rama Raman suspended two junior engineers and issued show cause notice issued to Chief Maintenance Engineer, two assistant project engineers and a project engineer.
The step was taken by the CEO as the officials had failed to remove the encroachments in the industrial area, sources said.
Notices were also served to horticulture staff and sanitary staff as the CEO found that parks were not maintained in the industrial sectors.
Meanwhile, a delegation of Noida Entrepreneur Association (NEA), an organisation of industrialist, met with NOIDA CEO and informed him about the various problems faced by them.
Illegal parking and power theft in the area were among the major points raised by NEA members.
The NEA members pointed out that several industrial plots were lying vacant and asked the Authority to issue notice to all such persons who despite purchasing the land had not opened any industry in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...