Two junior engineers suspended
Noida: Two Junior Engineers of New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) were on Saturday suspended and show-cause notices issued to four other officials for failing to get rid of encroachment in the industrial area.
After the inspection of industrial sectors, NOIDA CEO Rama Raman suspended two junior engineers and issued show cause notice issued to Chief Maintenance Engineer, two assistant project engineers and a project engineer.
The step was taken by the CEO as the officials had failed to remove the encroachments in the industrial area, sources said.
Notices were also served to horticulture staff and sanitary staff as the CEO found that parks were not maintained in the industrial sectors.
Meanwhile, a delegation of Noida Entrepreneur Association (NEA), an organisation of industrialist, met with NOIDA CEO and informed him about the various problems faced by them.
Illegal parking and power theft in the area were among the major points raised by NEA members.
The NEA members pointed out that several industrial plots were lying vacant and asked the Authority to issue notice to all such persons who despite purchasing the land had not opened any industry in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 13,680 crore made under IDS by Mahesh Shah