Two juveniles arrested in Delhi murder case
New Delhi: Two juveniles, who used to get
friendly with passersby and rob their belongings, have been
arrested for allegedly stabbing a man who later succumbed to
his injuries in hospital, police said on Tuesday.
Hiren and Nikka (name changed) were apprehended after a
specific information with the help of mobile call details of
the deceased, they said.
On July 6, 35-year-old Bhupender Pandey, a tempo driver,
was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial hospital after being
stabbed following a quarrel near AB Park in Sultanpuri.
Pandey died the next day.
"During the course of investigation and after inquiring a
numbers of people from nearby locality and analysing call
detail of mobile phone of the deceased, police apprehended
them," BS Jaiswal, DCP (Outer district), said.
Police recovered the mobile phone of the deceased, the
knife used for committing the crime and blood stained clothes
of the suspects.
During interrogation, both admitted that they had stabbed
a tempo driver at AB Park, near Jalebi chowk in Sultanpuri,
while trying to rob his mobile and other belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership