Two juveniles arrested in Delhi murder case
New Delhi: Two juveniles, who used to get
friendly with passersby and rob their belongings, have been
arrested for allegedly stabbing a man who later succumbed to
his injuries in hospital, police said on Tuesday.
Hiren and Nikka (name changed) were apprehended after a
specific information with the help of mobile call details of
the deceased, they said.
On July 6, 35-year-old Bhupender Pandey, a tempo driver,
was admitted to Sanjay Gandhi Memorial hospital after being
stabbed following a quarrel near AB Park in Sultanpuri.
Pandey died the next day.
"During the course of investigation and after inquiring a
numbers of people from nearby locality and analysing call
detail of mobile phone of the deceased, police apprehended
them," BS Jaiswal, DCP (Outer district), said.
Police recovered the mobile phone of the deceased, the
knife used for committing the crime and blood stained clothes
of the suspects.
During interrogation, both admitted that they had stabbed
a tempo driver at AB Park, near Jalebi chowk in Sultanpuri,
while trying to rob his mobile and other belongings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal along with a likely 10-member cabinet to take oath today
- Know how long Sonu Nigam sang on the streets for the ‘beggar’ video
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- Louis van Gaal axed by Manchester United as Jose Mourinho waits in wings
- President Pranab Mukherjee sets off on 4-day visit to China today