Two killed in cylinder blast in North East Delhi
New Delhi: Two men were charred to death while one was injured in a cylinder blast in North East Delhi`s Bhajanpura area this evening.
According to a Delhi Fire Service official, the deceased have been identified as Rustam (28) and Irfan (26) while Humendu (40), who suffered 50 per cent burn injuries, is being treated at a nearby hospital.
Fire officials got a call at 4:00 PM about fire at a house in Bhajanpura`s Subhash Mohalla area following which two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire broke out after a cylinder blast in the building which was a small carpet making unit. Once the fire was doused, those injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where Rustam and Irfan were declared dead while Humendu was admitted for treatment," the fire official said.
A minor fire was also reported near gate number 9 of Pragati Maidan which was doused immediately, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!