Two killed in cylinder blast in North East Delhi
New Delhi: Two men were charred to death while one was injured in a cylinder blast in North East Delhi`s Bhajanpura area this evening.
According to a Delhi Fire Service official, the deceased have been identified as Rustam (28) and Irfan (26) while Humendu (40), who suffered 50 per cent burn injuries, is being treated at a nearby hospital.
Fire officials got a call at 4:00 PM about fire at a house in Bhajanpura`s Subhash Mohalla area following which two fire tenders were rushed to the spot.
"The fire broke out after a cylinder blast in the building which was a small carpet making unit. Once the fire was doused, those injured were rushed to a nearby hospital where Rustam and Irfan were declared dead while Humendu was admitted for treatment," the fire official said.
A minor fire was also reported near gate number 9 of Pragati Maidan which was doused immediately, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends