Two killed, one injured in separate road mishaps
New Delhi: Two persons were killed while one
sustained critical injuries in two separate road mishap today
here in the wee hours, police said.
A traffic marshal, identified as Manish Kumar Singh
(28) was killed while on duty at an intersection in Fatehpur
Beri area of south Delhi after a speeding Innova car hit him,
Manoj Mishra (39), another traffic marshal who was on
duty with Singh at the spot, sustained serious injuries in the
mishap and was admitted to a hospital, police said.
The car driver Satpal was driving in an inebriated
condition, they said, adding he was arrested from the spot and
a case of rash and negligent driving was registered against
In another incident, an Army personnel was killed after a
speeding truck hit his scooter from behind at Dhaula Kuan.
Balbir Singh Rawat was on his way home on his scooter in
wee hours when the accident took place.
The truck driver fled the spot after the incident, police
said, adding efforts were on to arrest the driver.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference