Two killed, one injured in separate road mishaps
New Delhi: Two persons were killed while one
sustained critical injuries in two separate road mishap today
here in the wee hours, police said.
A traffic marshal, identified as Manish Kumar Singh
(28) was killed while on duty at an intersection in Fatehpur
Beri area of south Delhi after a speeding Innova car hit him,
Manoj Mishra (39), another traffic marshal who was on
duty with Singh at the spot, sustained serious injuries in the
mishap and was admitted to a hospital, police said.
The car driver Satpal was driving in an inebriated
condition, they said, adding he was arrested from the spot and
a case of rash and negligent driving was registered against
In another incident, an Army personnel was killed after a
speeding truck hit his scooter from behind at Dhaula Kuan.
Balbir Singh Rawat was on his way home on his scooter in
wee hours when the accident took place.
The truck driver fled the spot after the incident, police
said, adding efforts were on to arrest the driver.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi