Two men on trial for gang-rape and abduction in Delhi
New Delhi: Two men have been put on trial by a fast track court here for gang-raping a 22-year-old girl after abducting her with the help of two women.
The fast track court presided over by Additional Sessions Judge TR Naval also framed charges against two women, Shimla Devi and her daughter Shashi for abducting and abetting rape of the victim in East Delhi last year.
The court framed charges against accused Jitender and Sanju for the offences of abduction with an intent to compel the girl to marry one of them or to have illicit relations, gang-raping and threatening to kill her.
According to the police, the girl was abducted after the two women took her to a temple where the other accused were already present.
"I find that there is sufficient material on record which raises a grave suspicion against all the accused that they might have committed the offences punishable under section 366 read with Section 34 IPC, accused Jitender and Sanju have committed the offences punishable under section 376(2)(g) and 506(II) and Shimla and Shashi have committed offence under section 109/34 read with Section 376 IPC," the judge said.
All the four accused pleaded not guilty and claimed trial in the case. The court has fixed April 4 for recording of the statement of prosecution witnesses beginning with the victim.
While Jitender is in judicial custody, the other three accused are out on bail.
According to the prosecution, the incident took place on the morning of April 4 last year when Shimla and Shashi asked the girl to accompany them to Sai Mandir in Jyoti Nagar area.
The girl, in her statement before a magistrate earlier, had said that accused Sanju and Jitender were also present near the temple in a car and gave her `prasad` after which she felt giddy.
The judge noted that she had stated the accused took her to Karkardooma Court and took her signatures on a register and threatened to kill her brother, if she raised an alarm.
She was then taken to a house in GTB Enclave where she was gang-raped by the accused and they had also taken her obscene photographs and made videos, she had said adding that she was kept in the flat till May 24, 2012.
The court noted that among other witnesses, Jitender`s wife has also levelled allegations against him and has prima facie supported the prosecution case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform