Two Metro stations to be closed in view of Telangana protests
New Delhi: Two Metro stations near Parliament House will remain shut on Monday in view of possible protests over the Telangana issue.
Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan stations will remain closed from 9 am to 5 pm, while Race Course and Patel chowk stations will be kept open, a DMRC spokesperson said.
As advised by Delhi Police, the Metro stations will remain closed due to security reasons, Metro officials said.
However, interchange and controlled exit will also be allowed at Central Secretariat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP comes out in defence of Amitabh's association with second anniversary programme
- Army troops, insurgents exchange gunfire along Manipur-Myanmar border
- Telangana TS EAMCET Results 2016: Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (TS EAMCET) results to be declared today on May 26 (Thursday) on www.tseamcet.in at 11 AM
- World leaders kick off G7 talks with economy, terrorism and refugees in focus
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims