Two Metro stations will be closed for six hours on Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi Metro services will be
partially curtailed on Sunday and two stations in Lutyens`
Zone will remain closed for over six hours in view of the full
dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade.
Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan stations, which are
close to Rajpath, will be closed from 6 am to 12.30 pm on
Sunday. However, passengers will be able to avail interchange
facility at the Central Secretariat station.
"No Metro service will be available at Central
Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations of Line 2
(Jehangirpuri-HUDA City Centre) and Line 6 (Central
Secretariat-Badarpur) till 12.30 pm," a DMRC spokesman said.
Normal Metro train operations will be resumed on Line-2
and Line-6 after 12.30 pm, the spokesman said, adding that the
changes have been made as per advice from the Delhi Police in
view of the full dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade
which will be held on Rajpath.
Metro train services on all other lines will run as per
normal schedule on January 23 from 6 am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- SC dismisses PIL seeking ban on WhatsApp, other messaging apps
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses political parties in Goa of encouraging sex, drugs, prostitution
- Triple talaq issue to be examined on touchstone of Constitutional framework: SC
- Political parties in Goa encourage sex tourism: Kejriwal
- Brazilian striker Hulk to join Chinese club Shanghai SIPG in a record USD 60 million deal