Two Metro stations will be closed for six hours on Sunday
New Delhi: Delhi Metro services will be
partially curtailed on Sunday and two stations in Lutyens`
Zone will remain closed for over six hours in view of the full
dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade.
Central Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan stations, which are
close to Rajpath, will be closed from 6 am to 12.30 pm on
Sunday. However, passengers will be able to avail interchange
facility at the Central Secretariat station.
"No Metro service will be available at Central
Secretariat and Udyog Bhawan Metro stations of Line 2
(Jehangirpuri-HUDA City Centre) and Line 6 (Central
Secretariat-Badarpur) till 12.30 pm," a DMRC spokesman said.
Normal Metro train operations will be resumed on Line-2
and Line-6 after 12.30 pm, the spokesman said, adding that the
changes have been made as per advice from the Delhi Police in
view of the full dress rehearsal of the Republic Day Parade
which will be held on Rajpath.
Metro train services on all other lines will run as per
normal schedule on January 23 from 6 am.
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case
- Indian Premier League 2016: List of 11 injured players that have been ruled out of remaining tournament
- Kishore Biyani resigns as Managing Director of Future Retail