Two minors of ‘tyre puncture gang’ apprehended for stealing Rs 60 lakhs
New Delhi: Two minor boys were apprehended here for their alleged involvement in stealing around Rs 60 lakh from a car owned by a UP-based businessman, police said on Monday.
The boys landed in police net after investigations into an incident in Modi Nagar in UP`s Ghaziabad on May three showed that the crime was committed by minors known as `Tyre Puncture Gang` of Madangir here.
"We apprehended them yesterday near JPNA Trauma Centre in Safdarjung Hospital," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South), B S Jaiswal said. Investigators have recovered Rs 50 lakh from them.
The gang had allegedly stolen Rs 60 lakh from the car of businessman Mridul Jain after making his driver stop near Modi Nagar in UP`s Ghaziabad.
They told them that the tyre was flat and there was oil leakage from the vehicle and when Jain and driver got out of the car, the boys fled with the cash bag, Jaiswal said.
The gang has its network throughout Delhi and NCR and has been allegedly involved in many cases of bag-lifting and theft, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters