Two minors of ‘tyre puncture gang’ apprehended for stealing Rs 60 lakhs
New Delhi: Two minor boys were apprehended here for their alleged involvement in stealing around Rs 60 lakh from a car owned by a UP-based businessman, police said on Monday.
The boys landed in police net after investigations into an incident in Modi Nagar in UP`s Ghaziabad on May three showed that the crime was committed by minors known as `Tyre Puncture Gang` of Madangir here.
"We apprehended them yesterday near JPNA Trauma Centre in Safdarjung Hospital," Deputy Commissioner of Police (South), B S Jaiswal said. Investigators have recovered Rs 50 lakh from them.
The gang had allegedly stolen Rs 60 lakh from the car of businessman Mridul Jain after making his driver stop near Modi Nagar in UP`s Ghaziabad.
They told them that the tyre was flat and there was oil leakage from the vehicle and when Jain and driver got out of the car, the boys fled with the cash bag, Jaiswal said.
The gang has its network throughout Delhi and NCR and has been allegedly involved in many cases of bag-lifting and theft, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital