Two minors raped in 24 hours in Delhi
New Delhi: Two eight-year-old girls were allegedly raped in two separate incidents here in the last 24 hours, police said Saturday evening. The accused involved in both the incidents have been arrested.
In the first incident, an eight-year-old was allegedly raped by her neighbour in south Delhi`s Fatehpur Beri Friday afternoon.
The accused Naveen, 21, was arrested from his residence.
"The victim, who had gone outside along with her brother Friday afternoon, was lured by the accused. Naveen took both the siblings to a nearby jungle and raped the victim. When the victim`s brother intervened, he was beaten up by the accused," said a police officer.
In another incident, Aabid,20, was arrested from west Delhi`s Mangolpuri area for raping an eight-year-old girl Friday evening when the victim was playing in a park.
Aabid kidnapped the victim and took her to a secluded area where he allegedly raped her.
Some passersby heard the victim`s screams and Aabid was caught on the spot.
"Later, he was handed over to the police and a case was lodged against him," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre