Two minors raped in separate cases in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by their neighbours in two separate cases in the national capital, police said on Sunday.
The accused in both the cases have been arrested.
In the first incident, a 58-year-old unemployed man raped an eight-year-old girl last evening in central Delhi`s Turkman Gate area. He had lured the girl to his house on some pretext and sexually assaulted her, police said.
After her parents approached the police, she was taken to a hospital where medical examination confirmed that she had been raped, a police official said.
Zulfikar was arrested from his home and a case was registered against him under relevant sections, he added.
In the second incident, a teenager was allegedly raped twice on Saturday by a man who lived in the same building with his wife and children in east Delhi`s Madhu Vihar.
Roshan Ali, 24, had barged into the girl`s house and raped her when her parents, who did odd jobs, were away.
His wife, who works as a maid, too had gone out to work.
After sexually assaulting her once, he returned some time later to rape her again and the threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed about the assault to anyone.
The 14-year-old girl, however, revealed her ordeal to her parents when they returned home.
The accused, who works as a tailor, was arrested soon after the victim`s parents reported the matter to the police.
He has been charged with rape and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion