Two minors raped in separate cases in Delhi
New Delhi: Two minor girls were allegedly raped by their neighbours in two separate cases in the national capital, police said on Sunday.
The accused in both the cases have been arrested.
In the first incident, a 58-year-old unemployed man raped an eight-year-old girl last evening in central Delhi`s Turkman Gate area. He had lured the girl to his house on some pretext and sexually assaulted her, police said.
After her parents approached the police, she was taken to a hospital where medical examination confirmed that she had been raped, a police official said.
Zulfikar was arrested from his home and a case was registered against him under relevant sections, he added.
In the second incident, a teenager was allegedly raped twice on Saturday by a man who lived in the same building with his wife and children in east Delhi`s Madhu Vihar.
Roshan Ali, 24, had barged into the girl`s house and raped her when her parents, who did odd jobs, were away.
His wife, who works as a maid, too had gone out to work.
After sexually assaulting her once, he returned some time later to rape her again and the threatened her of dire consequences if she disclosed about the assault to anyone.
The 14-year-old girl, however, revealed her ordeal to her parents when they returned home.
The accused, who works as a tailor, was arrested soon after the victim`s parents reported the matter to the police.
He has been charged with rape and under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi