Two more arrested for rape of teenager in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two more persons allegedly involved in the rape of a 13-year-old, who attempted suicide, were arrested here, police said today.
With this, five out of eight accused have been arrested.
The teenaged girl, who was abducted and raped by eight men last month, allegedly attempted suicide yesterday by consuming sleeping pills.
Doctors said her condition is stable today.
The crime came to light last week when the parents of the 13-year-old victim, residing in Farsh Bazar in east Delhi, approached police and complained about the incident.
According to the complaint, the victim was kidnapped from near her house by the eight people, including one person whom she addresses as "uncle", on March 16 and forcibly taken to Loni in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Germany's top immigration officer anticipates 300,000 refugees in 2016
- Wow! Soon you may find a robot greeting you at HDFC Bank
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers