Two more arrested for rape of teenager in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two more persons allegedly involved in the rape of a 13-year-old, who attempted suicide, were arrested here, police said today.
With this, five out of eight accused have been arrested.
The teenaged girl, who was abducted and raped by eight men last month, allegedly attempted suicide yesterday by consuming sleeping pills.
Doctors said her condition is stable today.
The crime came to light last week when the parents of the 13-year-old victim, residing in Farsh Bazar in east Delhi, approached police and complained about the incident.
According to the complaint, the victim was kidnapped from near her house by the eight people, including one person whom she addresses as "uncle", on March 16 and forcibly taken to Loni in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok