Two more arrested for rape of teenager in East Delhi
New Delhi: Two more persons allegedly involved in the rape of a 13-year-old, who attempted suicide, were arrested here, police said today.
With this, five out of eight accused have been arrested.
The teenaged girl, who was abducted and raped by eight men last month, allegedly attempted suicide yesterday by consuming sleeping pills.
Doctors said her condition is stable today.
The crime came to light last week when the parents of the 13-year-old victim, residing in Farsh Bazar in east Delhi, approached police and complained about the incident.
According to the complaint, the victim was kidnapped from near her house by the eight people, including one person whom she addresses as "uncle", on March 16 and forcibly taken to Loni in Ghaziabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site