Two more DGCA staffers held in fake pilot licences
New Delhi: Two more staffers of airline
regulator DGCA have landed in police net for allegedly helping
people obtain pilot licences using forged documents, taking
the total number of arrests in such cases to 13.
Mahan Jyoti Bhattacharya (37) and Mohammed K Ansari
(42) were apprehended in the capital yesterday following
questioning of two pilots Abhishek Kaushik and Hiren Nagar who
claimed that these DGCA staffers have taken lakhs of rupees
from them for providing licences using forged mark sheets.
With this, five pilots and three DGCA staffers have
been arrested by Delhi Police while two others have been
apprehended by Rajasthan Police in Jaipur in connection with
the racket. Three touts had also been arrested by Delhi Police
in these cases.
Kaushik and Nagar had procured Commercial Pilot
Licences (CPLs) allegedly using forged mark sheets and the two
DGCA staffers allegedly charged them a hefty amount knowing
that their documents were forged, Ashok Chand, Deputy
Commissioner of Police (Crime), said.
Ansari, who is presently posted in Finance Section of
DGCA, was in the Commercial Pilot Licences section between May
2006 and April, 2008. Bhattacharya, presently in Cash and
General Section, was also in the same section from June 2008
to December 2009.
"It was during these periods that the CPLs were issued
on forged result card to Kaushik and Nagar," Chand said.
With this, police have smashed two rackets involved in
procuring pilot licences using forged mark sheets. Earlier on
March 26, Delhi Police had claimed to have busted a gang
involved in helping pilots obtain licences using forged
documents with the arrest of a senior official of DGCA and
three others, including a pilot.
Pradeep Kumar (48), presently an Assistant Director
with the DGCA, Pradeep Tyagi (35), a pilot who helped others
procure fake mark sheets, and his two associates Pankaj Jain
(23) and Lalit Jain (34) were arrested from Delhi and Chennai
then. Two pilots were arrested earlier in March.
Kaushik had in October 2009 allegedly submitted forged
result card of Pilot Licence Examination of April 2007 and
obtained CPL in November 2009. It was Nagar and Patil who
allegedly helped Kaushik obtain a licence using forged
In order to obtain CPL, one has to clear the
examination of DGCA which he could not clear despite several
attempts. In 2009, he came in contact with Nagar and was
informed by him that he could arrange fake mark sheet and CPL
Licence on payment of Rs 7.5 lakh.
"Nagar was also found to have obtained a licence using
forged mark sheets," Chand said.
During interrogation, Chand said, it came to light
that Patil had given Rs 4.50 lakh to Ansari for ensuring that
there was "no hitch in the movement of files" for obtaining of
CPL for Nagar and Ansari.
Out of the 4.5 lakh, Ansari gave Rs 2.6 lakh to
Bhattacharya, who was dealing hand in CPL section during
the period. "Ansari and Bhattacharya knew that the result
cards submitted by Kaushik and Nagar were forged and hence
they charged hefty amounts," Chand said.
Ansari is an ITI diploma holder from Bihar and joined
DGCA in 1994 as a Draftsman. Bhattacharya joined DGCA in 1997
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly