Two new rapid rail transit corridors planned from capital
New Delhi: The central government is planning to develop two new rapid rail transit corridors -- Delhi-Rohtak-Hisar and Delhi-Baraut via Shahdara, union Urban Development Minister Kamal Nath said Thursday.
Earlier, the government had announced to develop the rapid rail transit corridors on Delhi-Alwar, Delhi-Meerut and Delhi-Panipat routes.
"Two rail corridors -- Delhi-Rohtak up to Hisar and Delhi-Shahdara-Baraut -- have been approved," Nath told reporters here.
The minister had a meeting with Delhi Lt.Governor Tejendra Khanna, Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda and Uttar Pradesh minister Abhishek Mishra.
Kamal Nath said that these three corridors will cost the government around Rs.72,000 crore.
"Reports are being prepared and we believe to take these lines forward in two years," the urban development minister said.
- Hot alert! Shruti Hassan looks incredibly sexy on the cover of GQ magazine – See pic
- Awwdorable! Salman Khan shares picture of mother Salma and baby Ahil
- Look what Ranveer Singh is doing for ‘Befikre’
- Premier League: Leicester City clinch historic title after Eden Hazard`s stunning late goal vs Tottenham Hotspur
- EPL: Jamie Vardy, Riyad Mahrez and other key players who played major roles in Leicester City`s title success