Two persons electrocuted in Ghaziabad
Ghazipur (UP): Two persons were electrocuted when a high tension wire fell on a transformer resulting in flow of high voltage in Dildarnagar area, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred late last evening when the high tension wire fell on the transformer in Phulli village.
Police said that Waseem (20) and Ibrar (17), who were repairing cellphones at a mobile store, were electrocuted due to the high voltage.
Agitated over the incident, locals blocked Dildarnagar- Jamania road, which was lifted after Superintendent of Police Umesh Chandra Srivastava announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each and financial assistance from the Chief Minister`s discretionary fund, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?