Two persons electrocuted in Ghaziabad
Ghazipur (UP): Two persons were electrocuted when a high tension wire fell on a transformer resulting in flow of high voltage in Dildarnagar area, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred late last evening when the high tension wire fell on the transformer in Phulli village.
Police said that Waseem (20) and Ibrar (17), who were repairing cellphones at a mobile store, were electrocuted due to the high voltage.
Agitated over the incident, locals blocked Dildarnagar- Jamania road, which was lifted after Superintendent of Police Umesh Chandra Srivastava announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each and financial assistance from the Chief Minister`s discretionary fund, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price