Two persons electrocuted in Ghaziabad
Ghazipur (UP): Two persons were electrocuted when a high tension wire fell on a transformer resulting in flow of high voltage in Dildarnagar area, police said on Wednesday.
The incident occurred late last evening when the high tension wire fell on the transformer in Phulli village.
Police said that Waseem (20) and Ibrar (17), who were repairing cellphones at a mobile store, were electrocuted due to the high voltage.
Agitated over the incident, locals blocked Dildarnagar- Jamania road, which was lifted after Superintendent of Police Umesh Chandra Srivastava announced an ex-gratia of Rs one lakh each and financial assistance from the Chief Minister`s discretionary fund, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users