Two police officials attacked by youths
Ghaziabad: A police official was shot at and another attacked with a knife by two motorcycle-borne assailants here, police said on Sunday.
The two police officials -- Radhelal and Amarnath -- were conducting regular security checking in Gandhi Nagar area under Sihani Gate police station when the two assailants attacked them, Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tiwari said.
Radhelal was injured after he was shot at, while Amarnath suffered knife injuries, he added.
The two accused fled away from the spot, leaving behind their motorcycle, Tiwari said.
The injured officials have been admitted to a private hospital here and their condition is said to be stable.
A youth has been detained for questioning, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred