Two police officials attacked by youths
Ghaziabad: A police official was shot at and another attacked with a knife by two motorcycle-borne assailants here, police said on Sunday.
The two police officials -- Radhelal and Amarnath -- were conducting regular security checking in Gandhi Nagar area under Sihani Gate police station when the two assailants attacked them, Senior Superintendent of Police Nitin Tiwari said.
Radhelal was injured after he was shot at, while Amarnath suffered knife injuries, he added.
The two accused fled away from the spot, leaving behind their motorcycle, Tiwari said.
The injured officials have been admitted to a private hospital here and their condition is said to be stable.
A youth has been detained for questioning, Tiwari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’