Two student groups clash in Delhi, 4 arrested
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly injuring three students of Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College after a clash broke out between two groups over candidature in college elections.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening when Jaswinder Chauhan, who is contesting for the president`s post in the Delhi University Students` Union polls, was asked to withdraw his candidature by members of another group, according to police.
This led to an argument which soon turned into a scuffle in which Chauhan and two of his friends, Priyam and Mani were injured, they said.
The injured students were taken to a nearby hospital from where they were discharged today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad