Two student groups clash in Delhi, 4 arrested
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly injuring three students of Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College after a clash broke out between two groups over candidature in college elections.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening when Jaswinder Chauhan, who is contesting for the president`s post in the Delhi University Students` Union polls, was asked to withdraw his candidature by members of another group, according to police.
This led to an argument which soon turned into a scuffle in which Chauhan and two of his friends, Priyam and Mani were injured, they said.
The injured students were taken to a nearby hospital from where they were discharged today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Bihar polls: Nitish's minister Kushwaha caught on camera taking bribe, suspended from party post