Two student groups clash in Delhi, 4 arrested
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly injuring three students of Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College after a clash broke out between two groups over candidature in college elections.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening when Jaswinder Chauhan, who is contesting for the president`s post in the Delhi University Students` Union polls, was asked to withdraw his candidature by members of another group, according to police.
This led to an argument which soon turned into a scuffle in which Chauhan and two of his friends, Priyam and Mani were injured, they said.
The injured students were taken to a nearby hospital from where they were discharged today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say