Two student groups clash in Delhi, 4 arrested
New Delhi: Four persons have been arrested for allegedly injuring three students of Delhi University`s Kirori Mal College after a clash broke out between two groups over candidature in college elections.
The incident took place on Tuesday evening when Jaswinder Chauhan, who is contesting for the president`s post in the Delhi University Students` Union polls, was asked to withdraw his candidature by members of another group, according to police.
This led to an argument which soon turned into a scuffle in which Chauhan and two of his friends, Priyam and Mani were injured, they said.
The injured students were taken to a nearby hospital from where they were discharged today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof