Two suspected BKI terrorists get bail
New Delhi: Two suspected terrorists of banned outfit Babbar Khalsa International (BKI) were on Monday granted bail by a Delhi court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav granted bail to Sarabpreet and Narendra Singh alias Raju, who were arrested for their alleged roles in two separate cases.
Sarabpreet was arrested by the Special Cell from North Delhi area allegedly for plotting to eliminate Dera Sacha Sauda chief Ram Rahim. His arrest was followed by that of co-accused Punjab resident Jaswinder Singh.
Police had said the duo had procured a cache of arms and ammunition to execute their plans to eliminate Ram Rahim. They were booked under the stringent provisions of the Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), the Arms Act and various sections of the Indian Penal Code.
Sarabpreet was granted bail on grounds of parity as his co-accused Jaswinder had got it on June 27. While granting bail to Sarabpreet, the court noted the Delhi government had refused to grant sanction for their prosecution under UAPA on ground of unsatisfactory evidence.
In a separate case, Raju was granted bail by the court as the probe in the matter has already been completed.
He was arrested on March 19 by the police from the IGI airport. The police had said he was going to meet BKI chief in Germany when he was arrested.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram