Two teenage girls attacked with acid
New Delhi: Two teenage girls were attacked with acid by a man for declining his marriage proposal in Begumpur area of West Delhi.
The accused, Manoj threw acid on Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) while they were on way to a market this evening, police said.
Manoj, who is already married, had proposed Parvati but she had declined his proposal, police said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two have been admitted to a nearby government hospital.
The passers-by tried to catch Manoj but he managed to flee from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured