Two teenage girls attacked with acid
New Delhi: Two teenage girls were attacked with acid by a man for declining his marriage proposal in Begumpur area of West Delhi.
The accused, Manoj threw acid on Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) while they were on way to a market this evening, police said.
Manoj, who is already married, had proposed Parvati but she had declined his proposal, police said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two have been admitted to a nearby government hospital.
The passers-by tried to catch Manoj but he managed to flee from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself