Two teenage girls attacked with acid
New Delhi: Two teenage girls were attacked with acid by a man for declining his marriage proposal in Begumpur area of West Delhi.
The accused, Manoj threw acid on Parvati (18) and her friend Gayatri (16) while they were on way to a market this evening, police said.
Manoj, who is already married, had proposed Parvati but she had declined his proposal, police said.
Parvati had received around 50 per cent burn injuries while Gyatri around 20 per cent burn injuries. The two have been admitted to a nearby government hospital.
The passers-by tried to catch Manoj but he managed to flee from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends